The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with a strong aptitude in manual labor and street maintenance to join our Street department team as a Crew Member. Reporting to the Supervisor of Streets the Crew Member will be responsible for various tasks, which may include cleaning and maintaining city streets and related facilities, mowing grass and other general upkeep.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Assist as needed in the operations of the street department.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices and procedures.
- Check and maintain all equipment.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance.
- Maintain buildings and facilities.
- Operate mowers and power equipment.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be currently enrolled or a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED). Previous experience in general labor and/or maintenance preferred.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license, commercial driver license (CDL) of the appropriate class, and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must have willing to travel overnight to attend continuing education courses and workshops.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with knowledge of common office software and willingness to learn special software.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, overtime, and weekends, as required.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Weekly schedule may vary. Evenings and weekends may be required of this role.
SALARY: The City of Lincoln offers competitive hourly wage and a positive work environment. The wage range for this position is between $13.27 to $15.85 hourly. Starting wage will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below by September 23, 2022. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.