The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with a strong aptitude in manual labor and maintenance to join our Water and Sewer department team as a Crew Member. Reporting to the Water and Sewer Operations Manager and/or Assistant Chief Operator, the Crew Member will be responsible for various tasks related to the City's potable water and sewer maintenance activities.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Installs, maintains, and repairs of water distribution and wastewater collection utility systems, utility lines, and lift stations.
- Locates and repairs leaks at meters, service lines, water mains, valves, and hydrants, etc.
- Locates and marks water lines for the general public so lines are not damaged during construction, digging, or excavation work.
- Transports, hauls, loads, and unloads various equipment and materials used in projects or at work sites.
- Performs general maintenance tasks necessary to keep machinery, equipment, and tools in operable condition, which may include inspecting equipment, checking fluid levels, replacing fluids, greasing equipment, washing/cleaning equipment, and cleaning shop and work areas; monitors equipment operations to maintain efficiency and safety; notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Maintain landscaping around water utilities in various locations.
- Follows established safety procedures, utilizes safety equipment, and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals; reports any incidents, accidents, problems, or unusual situations.
- Perform routine labor and work non-standard hours as required.
- Perform all other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Must be able to complete required certification courses within one (1) year.
- Must have an established interest in the operation, maintenance, and repair of wastewater treatment systems.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver's license and the ability to obtain a commercial driver license (CDL) of the appropriate class, and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, overtime, and weekends, as required.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Weekly schedule may vary. On-call during evenings and weekends will be required of this.
SALARY: The City of Lincoln offers competitive hourly wage starting at $15.39. The starting wage for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.