The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with a strong aptitude in custodial and maintenance work to join our team at City Hall as a Custodian. Reporting to the City Clerk, this position will be responsible for the general cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of various City facilities.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Maintain daily cleanliness and sanitary conditions of City offices, kitchens, restrooms, meeting rooms, council chambers, recreational facilities, etc. as assigned.
- Perform deep and thorough cleaning quarterly or annual cleanings as required which may include finishing and buffing floors, shampooing of carpets, wall and ceiling washing, interior window washing, etc.
- Dust, mop, vacuum, and perform general cleaning of all furnishings, equipment, fixtures, walls, floors, and windows.
- Collect facility trash and dispose of it in the appropriate manner.
- Replace supplies needed in restrooms, kitchens and other spaces as needed.
- Maintain interior and exterior entrances to ensure they are safe and free from debris.
- Secure buildings and doors when not in use.
- Move furniture and equipment to help supplemental meetings, events, classes, etc.
- Maintain inventory of cleaning materials and bathroom supplies.
- Follow instructions regarding chemical use and safety hazards while performing daily duties.
- Perform light maintenance as it pertains to replacing light bulbs or fixing fixtures, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance on custodial equipment.
- Identify needed repairs and report in written form to the Supervisor.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned and required.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Custodial experience is considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must be physically able to perform all aspects of the position including but not limited to lifting, pulling and pushing up to 50 lbs. unassisted, walking continuously while performing required duties and be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and climb without restriction, etc.
HOURS OF WORK: This position is considered full-time (40 hours weekly), Monday through Friday.
SALARY: The City of Lincoln offers a competitive salary and a positive work environment. The current starting wage for this position is $14.33/hour.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by e-mail, please ensure the job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Laura S. Carmack – City Clerk
P.O. Box 172 | 150 Magnolia Street | Lincoln, Alabama | 35096
P: 205.763.7777 | E: email@example.com | W: www.lincolnalabama.com