The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual to fill a full-time position of Firefighter - EMT in our Fire department. This is a working position that involves the control and extinguishing of fires and engaging in search and rescue for the preservation of life and property; including responding to all medical emergencies and administering life saving measures as defined by the Alabama Department of Public Health. Incumbent works under the general supervision of a Captain and/or Lieutenant.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Respond to fire, emergency medical and trauma, hazardous material, and other emergency calls as assigned.
- Use departmental equipment as appropriate to extinguish fires of all types in buildings, grass, terrain, automobiles, or other sites.
- Respond to emergency medical care calls as assigned for assistance to sick or injured people and administer treatment according to the state guidelines for appropriate level.
- Drive and operate all department vehicles as qualified and appropriate.
- Perform daily tests and upkeep tasks to keep all equipment and apparatus in state of readiness for emergencies.
- Perform routine equipment maintenance, such as checking fluids, hoses, and air pressure, and making corrections.
- Participate in pre-planning fire tactics and emergency medical procedures to improve service and rescue.
- Participate in training classes to maintain and upgrade knowledge, skills, and certification.
- Check hydrants and test available water flows on a regular schedule and as needed; maintain records, including location and types of hydrants; and painting hydrants.
- Perform work in accordance with all safety policies and procedures, including the protocols for infection control.
- Wash equipment and perform station maintenance, such as washing windows, washing, and waxing floors, cleaning kitchen utensils and equipment, and doing laundry.
- Perform grounds maintenance, such as cutting grass, collecting debris, trimming, and watering.
- Make public presentations; conduct tours of the station; or assist in presenting training classes for other staff, volunteers, community groups, or fire personnel from other districts.
- Use computers to enter data and generate reports; and maintain necessary manual and computer records.
- Perform portions of the work of higher classified positions occasionally, as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain Firefighter I certification from the Alabama Fire College and Personnel Standards Commission within 12 months of employment.
- Must hold or have the ability to obtain Emergency Medical Technician-Basic certification from the Alabama Department of Public Health and National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver's license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours as required.
- Must be willing to travel overnight to attend continuing education courses and workshops.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with knowledge of common office software and willingness to learn special software.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
HOURS OF WORK: The Lincoln Fire Department works a 24/48 work schedule over a 14-day pay cycle with all hours over 106 considered overtime.
BASE SALARY: The base salary for this position is $45,365.76 annually.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by email, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Chief Joshua Vincent
P.O. Box 172 | 150 Magnolia Street | Lincoln, AL | 35096
P: 205.763.7777 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org I W: www.lincolnalabama.com