The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with a strong aptitude in manual labor and maintenance to join our team at Lincoln’s Landing as a full-time Maintenance Laborer. Reporting to the Director of Lincoln’s Landing the Maintenance Laborer will be responsible for the outdoor maintenance and upkeep of Lincoln’s Landing buildings, grounds, parking lots, piers, and boardwalks.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Manual labor and maintenance of buildings, grounds, parking lots, piers, boardwalks, shorelines, etc.
- Perform routine labor as required, including but not limited to landscaping, janitorial, carpentry, plumbing, mowing, edging, and trimming grass, etc.
- Operate grounds and facilities maintenance equipment such as lawn mowers, trimmers, tractors, blowers, golf carts, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance to the public as it relates to park functions and City amenities including but not limited to information, directions, event logistics, troubleshooting, park shuttle service, etc.
- Perform other job-related tasks/duties as required.
- Must be currently enrolled or a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED). Previous experience in parks/general maintenance or related field including landscaping, janitorial, carpentry and/or other experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must have intermediate swimming skills with the physical endurance to complete work-related job duties in the water when required.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with knowledge of common office software and willingness to learn special software.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, overtime, and weekends, as required.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Weekly schedule will vary. Evenings and weekends will be required of this role.
SALARY: The City of Lincoln offers competitive hourly wage and a positive work environment. The starting wage for this position is $13.67+/hour and will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below or in person by March 3, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Les Robinson, Director of Lincoln’s Landing
P.O. Box 172 | 150 Magnolia Street | Lincoln, Alabama | 35096
P: 205.763.7777 | E: email@example.com | W: www.lincolnalabama.com