The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with an interest in Park and Recreation programming and coordination to join our team as a casual Recreation Aide I. Reporting to the assigned Supervisor, the Recreation Aide I may be responsible for a number of department duties as needed.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Greet customers and enter orders into the point-of-sale system.
- Process transactions by accepting money and making necessary change or charging a card, while presenting a receipt to the customer.
- Prepare hot and cold food items following specific recipes.
- Cleans, maintains, and stocks concession and condiment areas.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have.
- Cleans the concession stand and area as needed after an event.
- Cleans concession restrooms.
- Accurately record the score of sporting events.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be at least 16 years old and currently enrolled in high school or a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver's license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with knowledge of common office software and willingness to learn special software.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours which will include evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background and driver's license check.
HOURS OF WORK: This position is considered casual and may work up to 24 hours weekly. Hours of work will vary by season. Evenings and weekends are required of this role.
SALARY: The wage range for this position is $8.65 to $8.91 hourly. The starting wage for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by e-mail, please ensure the job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications: however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Collin Aiken
P.O. Box 172 | 150 Magnolia Street | Lincoln, Alabama | 35096
P: 205.763.7777 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.lincolnalabama.com