The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with an interest in Park and Recreation programming and coordination to join our team as a casual Recreation Aide II. Reporting to the assigned Supervisor, the Recreation Aide II may be responsible for a number of department duties as needed.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Assist the Athletic Directors as needed in the daily operations of the athletics department which will include sport, fitness, and senior programs.
- Complete required documentation as it pertains to sport registration, scheduling, and coordination.
- Inventory and organize department sporting equipment and supplies.
- Assist in concession stand sales as needed.
- Assist with reception duties at the Lincoln City Center as needed.
- Assist with scorekeeping as needed.
- Ensure at the conclusion of an event that all required duties are completed prior to leaving.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be at least 16 years old and currently enrolled in high school or a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Previous parks and recreation experience is considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with knowledge of common office software and willingness to learn special software.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours which will include evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background and driver’s license check.
HOURS OF WORK: This position is considered casual and may work up to 24 hours weekly. Hours of work will vary by season. Evenings and weekends are required of this role.
SALARY: The wage range for this position is $9.82 to $12.00 hourly. The starting wage for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by e-mail, please ensure the job position is included in subject line. This posting will remain open until the vacancy is filled. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Collin Aiken
P.O. Box 172 | 150 Magnolia Street | Lincoln, Alabama | 35096
P: 205.763.7777 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.lincolnalabama.com