The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with an interest in Park and Recreation programming and coordination to join our team as a Recreation Aide Ill. Reporting to both the Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director, the Recreation Aide Ill will act as an assistant as it pertains to department sporting event and programming coordination.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Assist the Directors as needed in the daily operations of the athletics department which will include sport, fitness, and senior programs.
- Complete required documentation as it pertains to sport registration, scheduling, and coordination.
- Review registrations and ensure sport fees have been paid by the set deadline.
- Develop and implement fundraising activities which may include but is not limited to securing event sponsors, community donations, event proceeds, etc.
- Assist in park and field maintenance which may include but is not limited to sport set up, lining fields, painting bases, dragging fields, trash collection, parking control, etc.
- Assist in concession stand sales as needed.
- Ensure at the conclusion of an event that all required duties are completed prior to leaving.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Must be at least 16 years old and currently enrolled in high school or a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED}. Parks and recreation experience considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver's license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must possess adequate computer skills with knowledge of common office software and willingness to learn special software.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours which will include evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background and driver's license check.
HOURS OF WORK: This position is considered casual and may work up to 24 hours weekly. Hours of work will vary by season. Evenings and weekends are required of this role.
SALARY: The wage range for this position is $8.65 to $12.88 hourly. The starting wage for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by e-mail, please ensure the job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Attention: Collin Aiken
P.O. Box 172 | 150 Magnolia Street | Lincoln, Alabama | 35096
P: 205.763.7777 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | W: www.lincolnalabama.com