The City of Lincoln, Alabama is seeking a highly motivated and reliable individual with an interest in working in wastewater to join our team as a Wastewater Treatment Operator III. Reporting to the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operations Manager, the Wastewater Treatment Operator III will be responsible for testing and observations required for the proper operation, maintenance of buildings, grounds, and all related equipment.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (include, but not limited to):
- Supervise and participate in the operations of the wastewater treatment plant.
- Perform quality control and process control functions.
- Perform precise laboratory tests and record the results.
- Routinely inspects plant to detects and report any indication of plant or system malfunctions.
- Compile, maintain, and update plant operations, logs, and reports.
- Perform and record mathematical calculations related to plant operations.
- Check and maintain all equipment.
- Perform routine plant cleaning and maintenance.
- Paint buildings and equipment.
- Calibrate chemical feed equipment and laboratory equipment.
- Answer emergency calls.
- Operate mowers and power equipment.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices and procedures.
- Assist in the training and supervision of trainees and interns.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
*A full job description is available upon request.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED).
- Must have three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the operation, maintenance, and repair of wastewater treatment systems.
- Must be certified by the State of Alabama as a Grade III Wastewater Treatment Operator, or higher.
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and a driving record suitable for insurability.
- Must possess adequate computer skills.
- Must be willing to travel overnight to attend continuing education courses and workshops.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours as required.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position which includes lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted.
HOURS OF WORK: This position is considered full-time, 40 hours a week. Evenings, weekends and holidays may be required of this role.
SALARY: The wage range for this position is $22.74 to $27.79 hourly. The starting wage for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit an employment application and/or detailed cover letter and resume to the email address below. If applying by e-mail, please ensure the job position is included in subject line. Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate is hired. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.